Thursday, October 30, 2014

Frida

June Leeloo, thank you for inviting me to participate the group show, "A Few Small Nips - A Tribute to Frida Kahlo" on November 8th at Distinction Gallery, Escondido, California.


I was inspired by Frida Kahlo's self-portrait painting, "Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird"



So I started making my painting "  Frida  " after my solo show. It's acrylic and colored pencil on hand-textured paper, 11" x 14" inches. This was already sold before opening (Thanks for letting me know, Melissa!) Enjoy viewing!




And also I would like to thank my wonderful awesome artist friend Kelly Vivanco for the wonderful great help about framing / bringing my piece to the Distinction Gallery. She showed me the image of the testing framing. I love the baroque-style framing! 

For the preview list for this Frida Kahlo show, kindly email Melissa directly:
melissa@distinctionart.com 

1 comment:

sabine said...

I had the scan problem also with my stuff. I always get better quality by photograph everything except text. You've done a great job on this artwork! :)